Today’s consumers are being endlessly inundated with digital channels – and while social media marketing and digital advertising campaigns seem to take much of the spotlight, email remains an integral part of the digital marketing mix.
Email remains a powerful tool for marketing teams – there are 4 billion daily email users, a figure expected to reach 4.6 billion by 2025. And of those daily users, more than 306 billion emails are sent and received each day!
But just because it’s tried and true doesn’t mean you should take it for granted. Even the most meticulously crafted email campaigns are ineffective if they fail to reach your audience’s inbox. So what steps should you take right now to make sure your emails are reaching the right people?
What Makes for Good Email Deliverability – and How Do You Measure It?
Poor email deliverability can spiral into a vicious cycle, affecting your sender score, domain, and IP reputation, which in turn hampers future email communications.
So, how do you measure success? While each business may have its unique KPIs (such as open rates, click-through rates, and deliverability rates), there are universal metrics to consider for good email deliverability:
- Open Rates: An open rate above 20% is generally considered good. The highest global email open rates are on Fridays, nearly reaching 19%.
- Click-Through Rates: A click-through rate (CTR) above 3% indicates a well-received email campaign.
- Engaged Subscribers: High engagement, identified by subscribers who open, click, and possibly make purchases, leads to better deliverability rates.
- Bounce Rates: You want to avoid this. A bounce rate higher than 3% is a sign of poor deliverability.
Monitoring these metrics provides a comprehensive view of your email deliverability, helping you understand what’s working and needs improvement. Therefore, paying attention to these elements is not just “nice-to-have” but essential for your business success.
Technical Aspects and Monitoring Tools for Optimizing Email Deliverability
Managing email deliverability goes beyond crafting compelling content; it’s also about mastering the technical intricacies.
Effective email marketing strategies like subscriber segmentation (78%) and email automation campaigns (71%) will be futile if your emails don’t land in the inbox. The key is to utilize monitoring tools to your advantage:
- Warming up IPs: When launching new campaigns, especially from a new IP address, gradually increasing your email volume can help avoid triggering spam filters. Think of it as introducing yourself to your recipients.
- Email authentication: SPF, DKIM, and DMARC records are must-haves for email deliverability, which help verify the authenticity of the sender.
- Blacklist monitoring: It is important to keep track of any blacklists that may be affecting your emails. Monitoring and removing your IP from them regularly can ensure higher deliverability.
- Maintaining Clean Lists: Regularly update your email lists by removing inactive or unresponsive subscribers. QA, A/B, and spam testing can yield up to a 28% higher return on your email program.
Take Your Email Deliverability to the Next Level with Our Guide
We’ve only touched the beginning of the importance of email deliverability and actionable ways to improve it – there’s so much more to discover. For those serious about mastering the ins and outs of email deliverability, check out The Complete Guide for Boosting Email Deliverability from the marketing team at Pubconcierge.
Our latest research dives deeper into:
- Importance of Email Deliverability: Understand the extensive impact that email deliverability has on your business and learn why compliance with laws and improved delivery rates are vital.
- Factors to Control for Optimal Delivery: Discover advanced techniques, such as using dedicated IP addresses and domains, to maximize your delivery rates.
- Impact of Careful Management: Learn how focused efforts can drastically improve your email lists, increase your sender score, and enhance your delivery and inbox rates.
Don’t miss out on this treasure trove of information that could redefine your email marketing strategy. Read the white paper now to take your email deliverability to the next level!